There is a special open forum session at the beginning of all regular meetings for comments by patrons present. Patrons may address the Board at that time. Although not required, it is advised that patrons wishing to speak during the open forum contact the Superintendent of Schools 5 days prior to the meeting.
Open Forum Guidelines
1. Limit agenda time to 20 minutes
2. Limit 5 minutes per speaker
3. If more than 4 patrons require agenda time, the Board of Education has the option to either extend allotted time or reduce the time allowed per person.
4. The Board may refer presentation on personnel and other items of concern to executive session subject to section 75-4319 State Statutes. There will be no discussion regarding personnel or student issues in open session.
5. One spokesperson per organization.
6. The chairman has the option to stop the proceedings and poll the Board to determine if a speaker may continue.
7. Patrons wanting to address the Board shall sign the guest register located on the Board of Education table prior to the start of the meeting.
a. Patrons shall list topic to be presented
b. Patrons shall list organization represented, if any
8. The Board will invite patrons listed on the guest register to make presentations.
9. Speakers shall identify themselves and state whether or not they represent the
opinion of the group.
10. The Board of Education responses to presentations are optional.