Minutes November 10, 2008
USD # 247 BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING – November 10, 2008
A regular meeting of the USD #247 Board of Education was called to order by President Greg Hite at 6:30 p.m., Monday, November 10, 2008, at the District Office. Other members present were Alan Rogers, Troy Smith and Tara Underwood. Also present were Superintendent Tim Burns, and Alternate Board Clerk Jeff Spangler.
(1) Alan Rogers moved to approve the agenda as amended. Troy Smith seconded. Motion carried 4-0.
(2) Tara Underwood moved to approve the minutes of the October13 and the October 28, 2008 meeting. Alan Rogers seconded. Motion carried 4-0.
(3) Alan Rogers moved to approve the bills in the amount of $136,290.50. Troy Smith seconded. Motion carried 4-0.
Mindy Dainty arrived.
Audit (4) Troy Smith moved to approve the audit report as presented. Alan Rogers
Report seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
(5) Alan Rogers moved to take a 10 minute break. Troy Smith seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
(6) Troy Smith moved to go into executive session to discuss personnel matters for 30 minutes to reconvene at 8:00 pm. Greg Hite seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
President Hite called the meeting back to order.
Asst. (7) Per Mr. Spangler’s recommendation, Troy Smith moved to hire Carla Proctor as
SB Coach assistant softball coach. Mindy Dainty seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
Asst. (8) Per Mr. Proctor’s recommendation, Alan Rogers moved to hire Nick R. Cheney
Track coach as assistant track coach for 2009 season. Troy Smith seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
Scoreboards (9) Alan Rogers moved to lease/purchase football, basketball, and baseball scoreboards as quoted on the Nevco bid through a three year lease with Labette Bank.(See Appendix A) Troy Smith seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
(10) Troy Smith moved to adjourn at 9:05 p.m. Tara Underwood seconded. Motion carried 5-0.
Clerk of the Board President