Take the ACT Test
- Only the best score counts
- Colleges use scores for admission and scholarship purposes
Application for Admissions
- Do this NOW for any college in which you are interested
- Must have this done before applying for college scholarships
- Check Counseling Board for Scholarship spreadsheet
- Fill out college scholarship applications
- Check out: fastweb.com, collegeboard.com, supercollege.com, and collegenet.com for safe scholarship searches
- ASK Mrs. Ulbrich about any scholarships that sound too good to be true or if you have to pay for them.
- If you plan on playing Division I or II sports, you must be registered with the NCAA
- See Mrs. Ulbrich for instructions on how to register
- Cost: $60
- 2 free college visit days
- Even if you plan on attending a local college, take a visit
- I’ll help you make an appointment
- You must fill out the college visit form
- Fill out the FAFSA, an application to get money to help pay for college expenses
- Grants, Loans, and Work Study available
- Use you and your parent(s) taxes and W2’s to fill out FAFSA as soon in January, February, or March as you can.
Transcript Request Forms
- Fill out a transcript request form in November (sends your partial transcript to college of choice)
- Fill out a transcript request form in April (sends your final transcript to college of choice)
- See Mrs. Ulbrich for help in choosing a career path
- Go to: www.bls.gov/oco for career searches
- Look at the career books in my office
- Go to: www.youniversityty.com to see videos from almost every university and many, many careers.
Job Shadowing Opportunity
- All seniors get one day to do a job shadow in their interested field.
- See Mrs. Ulbrich to set this up.
Senior Interview Day
- December 4th, all seniors will experience 2---15 minute mock interviews
- 2nd semester, take 5 credits here at Southeast, and spend the rest of the day at college.
- This early release will be through counselor/administrative approval only and on a case by case basis.
- Attendance will be monitored. If good attendance is not met, we reserve the right to bring you back to Southeast full-time at your college tuition expense.
- LCC has a wonderful “jumpstart” program which gives a student with a 2.5 GPA or higher free tuition for up to 9 credit hours. You pay only fees and books!
- www.anycollege.com narrows your college search by showing you colleges that offer your major, in the state you want, by the type of college your interested in.
- www.bls.gov/oco gives detailed information about whatever career you are interested in.