PTO - April Minutes
By Cara Kubler
April 3, 2012
Present were: Carol Denham, Rebecca Smith, Suzanne Renn, Kristen Mitchell, Jennifer Hutton, Jennie Burns, Billie Stanley, Elaine Humble and Cara Kubler
Meeting was called to order @ 6:03.
Minutes: Cara Kubler read the March minutes. Suzanne moved to accept the minutes, Carol seconded.
Treasurer’s Report: Carol Denham
Ending Balance: $5,671.22
- Ron’s Receipts/Boxtops: (Dina Horgan, Mary Geier, and Mary Ann Horgan) …... Deadline was March 30. Dina is working on getting it sent in. We received a $60 check from Best Choice.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: Food was good. Teachers thank you for the food!!!
- T-Shirt (2012): We liked the distressed Southeast Lancers with the Lancer head underneath.
- Back to School Bash (2012) – create committee current 5th Grade Parents: Carol Denham sent out a letter to 5th grade parents asking them to help out. She got one letter back. Phone tree??? Billie Stanley is going to be in charge of the phone tree.
- Pennies for PTO: A total of $591.40 was raised. 5th grade won the ice cream sundae party. All classes got a sundae cup. Very successful!!!
- Enrollment Forms and information:
WE will put these out at enrollment:
*Cherokee K-6 Directory Form-Billie and Jennifer will handle this.
*Back to School Bash letter
* T-shirts and order forms
End of the Year Bash:
Jennifer, Melissa, Billie and Rebecca discussed the end of year bash. Friday, May 11 (field day)…start @ 5. Cara will discuss this with Mr. Turnbull.
- Election of new officers for the 2012-2013 school year.
President: Billie Stanley
V. President: Rebecca Smith
Secretary: Suzanne Renn
Treasurer: Jennifer Hutton
- Summer Movie Tickets:
Jennie will contact Dickenson Theatres to get the tickets. Cara and Carol will put a flyer together and send them out on Tuesday, April 10. We will sell at the track meet as well.
- Water for Field Day
Cara/Carol will talk to Debbie Clawson about water for field day.
- Scholastic Order
We have preordered for K-6 @ $977….give or take.
- Reimburse Cara for Jump Drive to be handed to next Secretary. Billie moved to pay me for the $8.00 Jump Drive, Jennifer seconded.
- Donation to SE After-prom (Tina Westervelt): Billie moved to pay $25.00. Kristen seconded.
- Fundraising Works Bounce House insurance: It costs $120.00 for the day for insurance. Fundraising Works pays $60.00. PTO needs to pay $60.00.
Cara moved to pay $60.00 to Fundraising Works, Jennie seconded. Bounce House fun day will be on May 1.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:40. Next meeting will be Tuesday, May 1 in the cafeteria.